Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Great Wall Part 1!

First off, I'd like to say that this post is in celebration of getting internet back in our room again ! Yay! And now Stevie can watch the CrossFit Games without sitting in the lobby for hours at a time!
Last weekend we visited a section of the Great Wall that runs through the outskirts of Tianjin. It was about a 2 hour drive to get there but that section of the wall is a lot less tourist-heavy than in Beijing. However, this is Part 1 because we are also going to the Beijing site in a couple weeks. Sooooo here are a couple fave pics.


Unfortunately it was a very very foggy day so I didn't get a ton of super clear pics. 

Also, I wanted to tell a story about class today! So between 45 minute sessions of class we have little breaks to go stretch our legs and buy snacks or whatever. And when I came back from one of the breaks, one of my classmates (his name is Mitsuo he is from Japan) was looking at me funny, actually everyone was looking at me and smiling weird. I thought it was just because I got back late. Anyway than Mitsuo says to look under my book...and there is a tiny gecko underneath!! It was super cool and it didn't even move when I lifted the book. I think his prank backfired though because I was not afraid of it, he wanted me to freak out. I picked it up and held it in my hand for a little while and then our teacher got mad because it was a distraction. I wish I had gotten a picture but I did not have my camera on me. That is all! Talk to you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment